Friday, March 4, 2016

Homestead Family News


The Pace is Picking Up Around the Farm...




It was a sunny, warm day here in the southeastern USA. The honeybees have finally begun to visit the various blossoms needing pollinating, though I haven't seen them on the one apple that is blooming yet. They were all over the camillias though! (See above collage)


I had my oldest grandchild helping with chores...Here you can see the raspberries are badly in need of weeding!

View from above the pool...I like to plant a spring garden just in front of the fence. I've already dumped a couple wheelbarrow loads from the goat barn earlier this winter, and also empty a container of kitchen compost every day there.That combination seems to really build the soil, as we've gotten a good report from the county extension office! I'll post soon how we've planted it...



During leisure time, we like to have a puzzle on-going! The current project is a coffee-themed one gifted to me at Christmas from my sister---Thanks Les! I have designated this antique tabletop to just that purpose:


The weather is supposed to be sunny and 60's today, so I'd better plan to get moving this morning! 
I hope you have a good day wherever you are in this big world " )

******************** Won't you chime in below in the "Comments" section and let us know a little about YOUR corner and the beauty you find there? 
********************

Also, If you Instagram, you can find posts from me by following @lavender.ferret.rider, and on Twitter @LisaAMetcalfe1
There's Beauty for Living!




4 comments:

  1. Love it! You continue living the essence of all the women I know on my mother's side of the family. An organic beauty!

    Cousin
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, as I was out and about on the place yesterday doing the various chores with our granddaughter(playing and helping intermittently), I realized again how blessed I am : ) Good to hear from you! Would LOVE to come for a visit to YOUR beautiful corner of the world!

      Delete
  2. Do you have your own honeybees? Any tips for getting started? :)

    Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, Jeanette! Yes we do. Our youngest son began to keep them several years ago, and now my husband is learning to care for them " ) I don't know that much about it, but I saw that the Garden Club is having a really neat looking "Bees and Butterflies" presentation at the Welcome Center on 3/29 from 6-9p. I was hoping that he and I would be able to make it a "date night", lol! Maybe Y'all could attend? If you Facebook, you can find out the details at "Byron Mainstreet". Thanks for your comment, and "Happy Women's Day"!

    ReplyDelete