Friday, February 12, 2016

Little Things I Do for ME!


Pamper Yourself!

***********

Often it's just "the little things" that can make a big difference in how we feel about ourselves and our day. Lately, I've done a few things just for me---but I believe it also helps those that I interact with as well ; ) 

For instance, I was getting dressed the other day, and noticed that my undergarments were all wrinkly. I took just a few minutes to iron them, and the silky soft results were definitely worth the time. They felt much smoother on and made me feel beautiful "underneath" all day!


On my  way in from chores the other day, I happened to notice my camillas managed to bloom through the frosts that we'd had lately...So I chose a few to bring inside to create a "floating arrangement" in an antique dish that I have in my collection. This beauty lasted for days on our dining table for me and all to enjoy as a splash of intense color during the cold, gray snap!




For my daughter's 14th birthday, I tried an award-winning New York Style cheesecake recipe...It came out amazingly well---No cracks this time, thanks to some commenters' suggestions! I later served it with a blueberry sauce which I made from our own blueberries. It was a hit : ) The extra effort was rewarding...



Found this post online....Who doesn't need a little encouragement? I like to save little reminders like this and use them as wallpaper on my phone or in a folder to look at when I need a lift!



Sometimes just taking the time to slow down and appreciate something amazing from nature helps to calm our souls and helps us to regain perspective...Our little beta fish. He just silently lives on a shelf.



I walked around the property and gathered some fresh evergreen boughs and used them and some old jingle bells to spiffy-up our dining room chandelier for some added winter wonderland pizzaz! I also framed the opening between our dining and living rooms with greens and tiny white lights...You can't see it in the picture, but I also sprayed a light dusting of "snow" on the greens to give them that "new fallen snow" effect!



These are just a few of the things that I have done recently to boost the mood around here. Life gets real serious sometimes, and I find it challenging and satisfying to do what I can to inject beauty and positive energy into the mix. 


I hope that I've inspired you to take a little time and make a little effort to add a dash of beauty or encouragement to your life. If you've got ideas of your own, please share them with the rest of us in the comments below!

Until next time...hope you find BEAUTY FOR LIVING!

2 comments:

  1. I love these ideas! I've been running nonstop since New Year's day...taking time to slow down this weekend, though ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great Jan!...Thanks for stopping by ") If I'm not careful, life will run away with me too. Sometimes it seems we have no control, but I look for things that I CAN influence for the good---regardless of how tiny they may seem! (I insisted on lighting a candle and playing classical music during our Italian dinner the other night...even though I got a few eyeball rolls, lol!)

      Delete