Friday, December 4, 2015

I've Struck "Paydirt"!


 
      No, really. Not too long ago, I realized that it was PAST time for me to stop scrubbing my face with soap and water and maybe put a tiny bit of effort into taking care of  MY ONLY FACE (hair, nails, overall condition ; )! I'm not the totally vain type, but a little voice deep down inside me somewhere whispered, "Maybe it's OK for you to start pampering yourself a wee bit...I mean, after all, you have raised and homeschooled 5 children and managed a household of 7 for the past nearly 30 years!"... (No, sorry to disappoint. That's NOT me in the above photo, lol!)

     I intend to begin to form several better habits for a HEALTHIER, more FIT, more PROACTIVE me. I've always tried TO BEAUTIFY THE SPACES AROUND ME....now it's time to turn my efforts on my own person---inside and out!

     Aging is inevitable.

AGING GRACEFULLY is not!

 At least, I suspect, not for me " O


     Some INTENTIONAL EFFORT is going to have to be employed by me to ENCOURAGE the "gracefully" part!

     Hence the photo above. I have re-discovered an old friend,....AVON! Yes, we go way back. At least 3 generations, believe it or not.  I was surrounded by AVON products growing up...A recent scan of vintage AVON products posted on Pinterest brought back so many memories " )






     I can't even recall how I came across AVON recently, but I was inspired to locate a nearby REPRESENTATIVE and request a BROCHURE and some SAMPLES. She was very accommodating, and met me outside of my daughter's dance studio the following week, opened her trunk in the parking lot, and proceeded to hand me a bag full of samples based on our previous phone conversation. She said that she had thought for days about just exactly which samples to include, letting me know that she was serious about trying to anticipate and meet my specific needs/wants! I thought to myself, "If I were to ever become a representative, THAT'S the way that I would want to do business with my clientele!"

     Anywho, back to the "paydirt" part...I had REALLY let my skincare, cosmetic, and jewelry resources dwindle to just about nothing over the years, but had recently maneuvered  a niche in my budget by doing the majority of my grocery shopping at Aldie ; ) So............I felt like I could venture to invest in my hard-working, frugal self a little, lol! I ended up making several orders over several paychecks to build up my arsenal, and.....I discovered the ANEW ULTIMATE skin care line! Talk about PAMPERING YOURSELF! It makes you feel like a queen! From the gold packaging and sparkling eye elixir, to the luscious creaminess and scent of the cleanser, using them is a treat that I find myself LOOKING FORWARD to each morning and evening. I've been using the products for a couple of weeks now, and actually do see an improvement in my skin plumpness and clarity.

     Stay tuned for more AVON product reviews, as well as other aspects of  "Beauty for Living"!

Please  comment and share your adventures with finding, appreciating, and promoting beauty in your world, and....Come back to visit!

Have A Happy and Safe and Healthy Holiday,
Lisa 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment