Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Sage, Marshmallow, and Jett

Hobby Farm Hello!

When Blueberries are Red...

Our young layers
     It's nearly officially Winter here now, but the weather has been unseasonably warm....In fact, you'd think it  was Spring around here the way some birds are behaving! My pear tree even had some blooms on it the other day! The camellias are blooming in succession as the previous owner planted several varieties over her 20+ years developing the landscaping on the place " )
Freckle-resting from his grueling cat schedule!
    I get a lot of beauty-inspiration from just living on this little hill in the South. As you head up about halfway, you can turn around and see quite a distance on a clear day. Sometimes I'm not thrilled to have to go out for chores, but I almost always have a change of heart a few minutes into it-The animals are always happy to see me (well, ok, I do mean "food", lol!) and going through our routines together is just plain wholesome. It evokes a sort of connectedness with all of those who've done just what I'm doing throughout the past ages back as far as.....well, oblivion!


     Beauty truely IS all around us...even in the most basic and humble of surroundings. I like to "tweak" the landscape and dwellings in my little domain as I go-trim a limb here, add a flowerbed there, garnish a dinner plate just for added umph.... It adds satisfaction and purpose to everyday living...

     What can you do to add or highlight the beauty in your world?

Please comment and share as you feel inspired to do so,and Happy Wednesday!
Lisa M.
     

5 comments:

  1. Yes! So happy to read your blog :) Cousin Shelley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Girl! Glad you stopped by " ) Hope you and yours are faring well. I've really appreciated the beauty that you have shared from your vantage point! Loved your Christmas decor ; )

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Jan. It really is easy to add a little something extra that just makes you feel "special"! I use our fresh or frozen blueberries many times just for flare ; )

      Delete
  3. Side margin visible in "web version" only-sorry!

    ReplyDelete