Monday, January 25, 2016

 A Seasonal Day Down on the "Farm"


Here are some more shots from around the place the last couple of days...Just wanted to share a peek from our little corner of the world...
"Poppie" and granddaughter cleaning the goat barn in preparation for the new kids

A view of the full-to-the-brim pond

This old house gets a new window!

Canna garden...come back again to see it in the summer!

As with the cannas, this camellia was simply loaded with blossoms! Unfortunately I didn't take a picture before the frost got them...They made it further than they usually do though. We live in an odd sort of place on the back side of a large hill where the sun doesn't reach until later than the surrounding land, so the temps drop lower and stay lower longer making for early and late frosts.


The "Secret Garden"...in Winter's trance.

Cold and dozey goldfish dreaming of warmer days.


No apple! Don't blossom yet!


Hope you enjoyed this little tour. As I walked the place, I did notice the beauty of the blue sky and sunshine---and the crisp, clean air was invigorating as well! I'm thankful for the peace that we enjoy here, and the freedom to have our hobby farm lifestyle.  I do not take these blessings for granted. I am aware that there are many who are not experiencing them right now. I pray for them (you?) every day....Please feel free to comment below and share this blog with your friends and family! I would love to hear from you...Where are you from? What is your world like? I will continue to post updates and seasonal "tours" periodically if you all are interested.

Where's YOUR Beauty for Living?
Lisa





4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Becky, thanks for stopping by! Hope to hear from you again sometime😊 Hope you and yours have a lovely evening.

      Delete
  2. Nice! If you need any red canna bulbs, I will be dividing mine this year. And because of you, Lauren and I are planning a 'Secret Garden' of our own. :) Oh...and I have Pond Envy. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to hear of your secret garden inspiration! Yes, the water is a nice feature most of the time...It gets really low during drought times though. We are hoping to remedy that one day when we get the windmill installed ") Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete